Good Morning Crafters
Today our tutorial is all about recycling!
Samantha K has decorated a box from her stash.
Items used to create this project
Imagination Crafts - Butterfly and Daisy Stencil
Imagination Crafts - Inkadinks (I used Candy Floss & Cranberry Sorbet from the sunset set)
White box with lid
Home made or purchased texture paste
Distress inks (I used Peacock Feather, spiced marmalade & squeezed lemonade)
Gilding wax (I used pearl moon)
Acrylic paints (I used bright pink)
Frame or die cut frame
Small piece of acetate
Old Christmas bead chain decoration
Step by Step
1. Remove any string or items from the box that you aren't going to need (i forgot and removed my little tag bit a bit later on)
2. Take your choice of Inkadinks and add each colour to a separate small amount of water. This creates a wash in your pick of colours.
3. Use the wash to randomly paint your box, until all areas are covered.
4. Using your imagination crafts stencil and your texture paste, stencil through with the texture paste to leave the now raised image on your box.
5. Complete all sides and leave to dry.
6. Once dry take your distress inks and use them to highlight/colour the texture paste.
7. Use the same stencil on the lid of the box and stamp through with your acrylic paint, mine was a bit brighter than expected and so i tried to dull it down a little by stencilling some white over the top.
8. Use your texture paste to stencil on random pieces, i used the butterflies. Then colour these once dried with your distress ink.
9. Start to coat your box and lid with an acrylic paint wash, adjust the thickness of the paint with water to suit the thickness you want it to go on. Let it dry.
10. Take your bead decoration and attach it with hot glue or another strong adhesive. Then paint over this with undiluted acrylic white paint.
11. Take your frame and a sentiment of choice and using the acetate as a window, position and fix to your lid. Take the lace trim and adhere around lid edge.
12. Attach your flowers around your frame with a strong glue. Coat in white acrylic paint (including the lace). Re-paint any areas of flowers or box that need re-painting, trying to leave a little of the colour all over showing through. (Alternatively you can make it all very white and then use sprays etc to add your colour, this option though is a great way for those that do not have sprays, but still want to have a bit of colour showing through.
13. Using your gilding wax, gently rub over the textured/raised areas and the beads. This gives it all a glorious shimmer and really catches the light. (Hard to see in the photos).
14. Buff it all off and you should be left with something similar to this.
Won't this make a lovely gift for a mum on Mother's Day?
Thank you for stopping by Today!