Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Winter Trees

Hello Fellow Crafters, Friends and Visitors, 

Jennifer here, hope everyone feels happy and relaxed after the Bank Holiday, a time for all of us to have some 'me' time.



The card I am showcasing today is a follow up to my Autumn card which was shown on the blog recently and this is the Winter version of Imagination Craft's Three Trees Stencil, which was shown on QVC in January this year.  This stencil is really versatile as you can just add leaf buds for Spring, flowers for Summer, leaves for Autumn and of course a Winter tree.  So here goes, this is how I made it.

The base card was made from blue cardstock and a piece of white paper matted onto it, leaving a border of blue showing.  I fixed some ribbon across the centre and secured it on the reverse then matted it onto the blue card.

I then took the shiny silver card and the Vine Trellis Stencil and I spread the Gunmetal Sparkle Medium over the stencil.  Once dried I matted it onto the white paper.

Using the white shiny card, I coloured the sky using Distress Inks and sprinkled tiny drops of water on it to look like falling snow.   I put the Three Trees Stencil on top and spread the Sparkle Medium over it.

When dry I added some white Flowersoft to the bankside to look like snow, then this was matted onto a piece of blue card, leaving a border of blue card showing.   This was then matted onto the silver card and a ribbon bow added to the right
hand side.

Hey presto ! that's it finished.   Why don't you have a go at making it, get an early start with your Christmas cards,    if I dare mention that word yet lol !   Bye for now,  I'll be back soon.

Hugs 
Jennifer xxx

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning as always Jennifer, I love the beautiful colours and the background is stunning!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, glad you like it. It won't be too long before the white stuff is here again lol !!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi there Rachel, thank you. :)

    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Jennifer. Do love the versatility of this stencil.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always. Absolutely Lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Christine, you are very kind. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the blog & taking the time to leave a comment, we read them all & appreciate every one.