Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Summertime Lighthouse

Hi there Friends and Fellow Crafters

Whilst we still have this lovely weather I thought I would share with you a card I made for Sue and Harvey in March 2012, using their fabulous Lighthouse Stencil and Sparkle Medium which you can purchase here.


To make this card I made a square card using white cardstock and trimmed the edges with my trimmer and wavy blade.  I then matted and layered Navy and Red card stock.
I took a white square white card and laid the stencil on to and spread the Sparkle Mediums with my palette knife.  I then left this to dry.

Once dry I coloured the houses, grass and sea with distress inks.  I coloured the sky but left a few white spaces to represent clouds.  I cut out the white parts of the lighthouse.  On another piece of white card I used Gold Shine and Black Stars Sparkle Medium for the windows, light and the door.  I cut this panel out and glued behind the lighthouse, These should show through the cut out parts of the lighthouse.
I then matted this onto the red card and added Navy triangles to the four corners.


Happy Crafting 
Hugs 
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. A great card Jennifer. Love the way you did the cutouts on the lighthouse.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this Jennifer, I have a great liking for lighthouses, this is brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the blog & taking the time to leave a comment, we read them all & appreciate every one.