Monday, 9 June 2014

Dragonfly Dance

Good Morning Crafters

Today we are sharing Jennifer's card using Imagination Crafts Bride Stencil

I began by making a base card from cerise coloured card, then a piece of light cream card was matted onto the cerise card.


 A Tattered Lace corner die-cut was added to each corner.


I took the 'Moments' patterned card and laid the Bride stencil onto it, masking off the four corners as I just wanted the bride herself.   The Royal Purple Sparkle Medium was spread over the design and also onto a spare piece of card and left them to dry naturally.

I then took the 'Dragonfly Dreams stencil, laid it on top of the patterned card again and spread some Chartreuse Sparkle Medium over some of the dragonflies, positioning the stencil where I wanted the dragonflies.   I then left the image to dry.   

In the meanwhile, I took a piece of acetate and spread some of the Chartreuse Sparkle Medium over the same dragonflies on the stencil and left them to dry.   When they were dry I cut them out and glued them on top of the original dragonflies on the patterned card, using silicone glue.


The card was then glued to the base card.   From the piece of Sparkle mediumed card I cut out a small circle, a slightly larger circle and two ear shapes, glued them together to make a little rabbit.   I added a small piece of cotton wool for his tail and glued the rabbit to the bottom left of the card.   A ribbon bow was added to the top left.   



Bride Stencil
Dragonfly Dreams Stencil
Patterned Card - Moments
Sparkle Medium - Chartreuse and Royal Purple

Thank you for visiting today 
and we hope you have enjoyed the tutorial!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Superb, Jennifer and I adore the wee Bunny, what a fabulous touch, I love this stencil, your colours and detail are outstanding, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this card, gorgeous stencils and colours and the little bunny is just sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Jennifer, love the colours and scene you've created here, Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a stunning make Jennifer and I love the little tail on the bunny - so cute! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation Jennifer and how cute is that Bunny. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card the little bunny is so cute and a fab idea xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful,Jennifer. I love this, I've not tried this on acetate, so effective and that bunny is genius.....Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would just like to say 'Thank you' for all the lovely comments that you have left, we really appreciate them.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the blog & taking the time to leave a comment, we read them all & appreciate every one.